Use this page to record sightings of species other than birds that may be of interest to others. Please note that records submitted to this website will be shared with the RSPB Croydon Local Group and may also be submitted to the London Natural History Society wildlife recorders. Do not post records on this website unless you are happy for them to be shared with the other organisations mentioned here.
Bird sightings can be viewed and reported on the Latest News page.
Regular contributors identified below by only initials are - John Birkett (JB), Gavin Hawgood (GH),John Hughes (JAH), Mike Netherwood (MJN), Alan Pearson (AJP) and John Watson (JW).
You are encouraged to post all records of butterflies in Croydon on this site. We are cooperating with the Butterflies of London project, who will use our data to help monitor their distribution. Certain sites are regularly surveyed, but many of our open spaces and gardens are not. Every little helps.
- 14th - Sanderstead (Briton Hill Road): Apparent honey bee flying around. (JB)
- 14th - South Norwood Lake (9.30am): 2 male Brimstones by keeper's lodge (John Watson per GH)
- 14th Shirley Park (Green Court Gdns). (11.40) Brimstone on the wing (Andy Bates)
- 11th Addington Hills (11:45). Red Admiral on the wing. (John Parish)
- 28th - Addington Hills : Party of 3 Roe Deer in Bottom Triangle. (John Parish)
- 23rd - Sanderstead Plantation: Fresh molehill. (JB)
- 22nd - Sanderstead (Briton Hill Road): Buff-tailed bumblebee in garden again. (JB)
- 21st - Sanderstead (Briton Hill Road): Buff-tailed bumblebee on verandah. (JB)
- 3rd - Selsdon Estate: 2 roe deer. (JB)